Before you apply to UConn Pre-College Summer (PCS), run through the checklist to be sure you understand the commitment:
- Do you know what UConn PCS is all about? Read our Mission and Vision for an in-depth look at what we focus on.
- Take a look at course offerings. Think about the activities and course content and how they may relate to your learning style.
- Choose between non-credit and credit-course offerings
- Be sure you understand the typical UConn PCS schedule. You will be in class about 19 hours per week unless otherwise noted on the course description page.
- In addition to enrolling in a course(s), students are also required to attend exploratory workshops
- Think about this serious opportunity. Make sure you are a motivated student who can demonstrate the ability and desire to contribute positively and benefit from exploring college academics and experience life as a college student.
- Parents/guardians are also encouraged to think about this opportunity for their child. We look for motivated and passionate students who want to be here.
- Take a moment to look over the UConn PCS program policies.
- Read through the FAQ section or Note to Parents for any answers to questions you may have.
Additional Points to Consider
- Applications will not be accepted/reviewed until all required materials are received through the online application
- Applicants may be requested to provide additional materials. These may include additional transcripts, essays, or teacher recommendations
- Acceptance into UConn PCS does not guarantee you a spot in a specific course until the course registration process has been completed
- Courses may be cancelled at any time due to unforeseen circumstances