All 2021 courses, workshops, and social programs will occur virtually. To participate, students are expected to have reliable access to computer/laptop and WiFi connection.
We want you, our Pre-College Summer Students, to be ready to get the most out of your academic experience! In preparation, the staff and faculty have prepared the following information to help set you up for an engaging, educational, and successful experience. All enrolled students should check their respective information below to access course information, schedules, procedures, readings, and/or further information.
- Students will be mailed a welcome box as part of your participation in the program
- Course attendance is a requirement
- The first day of class for Session 1 is Monday June 14, 2021
- The first day of class for Session 2 is Monday July 5, 2021
- Daily Schedule: Here is a general overview of the daily schedule
- Your courses may be held through WebEx, Blackboard Collaborate, or Zoom. To access the links to your classes, you will need to do so through the HuskyCT course site with your NetID and password. HuskyCT is the university's learning management system where your instructor will share the course syllabus, virtual class link, information about office hours, course readings, and other information that may be needed for your course.
Live Orientation & Videos
The live orientation will give you the opportunity to engage with program staff, meet your Community Managers, faculty, and other peers. Staff will also be available to connect with you and answer any questions you may have.
- Session 2 register for the live orientation happening on Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 5:30 PM EST
The series of pre-recorded orientation videos that we encourage you to watch prior to the live orientation can be found below:
- Video 1: A Welcome from the Director
- Video 2: Make the Most Out of Your Experience by Engaging with your Peers and Program Schedule
- Video 3: Find Your Interests Through a Series of Exploratory Workshops
- Video 4: How Will You Engage Outside the Classroom? Meet Your Community Managers
- Video 5: Get Ready To Take On Your UConn PCS Course
- Video 6: Learn from a UConn PCS Faculty
Register for workshops through your Status Portal by completing the workshops checklist item. You will expected to attend two workshops each week. One on Tuesdays and one on Thursdays for a total of six workshops.
- Roughly 3 hours before each of your workshops, you will receive an email with a link to access your workshop
- Workshops will take place on a variety of platforms (WebEx, Zoom, Google Meets, etc.), but as long as you use the link provided, you will be able to access your workshop
- All workshops start at 11:00am EST, use your link to access the workshop 5 minutes beforehand
These are required workshops, so we expect to see you there. Remember that your Community Managers are here to help you!
UConn Pre-College Summer has an array of exciting social programs in store for summer 2021! Our very own Community Managers have developed these social programs and will facilitate them on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons during your registered session.
- An email will be sent at the start of each week with a link and password to view the Social Programs webpage with the list of event scheduled for the week ahead.
Returning UConn Students: Locate your UConn NetID and password. To find your NetID or to reset your NetID password visit the NetID website or call the Technology Support Center at 860.486.4357.
New UConn PCS Students: activate your NetID by opening the NetID e-mail that was sent to the email you provided on your application. Continue by following the instructions provided (also included below). Please check your SPAM folder in case you have not seen the netID email with the activation code come through. If you have difficulties locating this email or need help activating it please contact the university's ITS center via chat techsupport.uconn.edu or directly at 860-486-4357.
- Click on Activate NetID.
- Enter your NetID (use lower case letters).
- You have been provided an Activation Code and this information was sent to the email you provided on your application. Use the “Activate using Activation Code” feature. Enter your activation code and your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY).
- You will be redirected to the “Set your NetID Password” page. Create a password following the complexity rules listed.
- Once your password has been successfully created, follow the instructions to set-up a recovery method by using the “Secondary E-mail and Mobile” feature. This will allow you to change a forgotten password in the future.
Webex is an online conferencing tool your instructor may use to host your live class. If your instructor will use Webex, this information will be found on your HuskyCT site
Husky Zoom Backgrounds
Show your Husky pride when you are online with one of these UConn backgrounds! An optional and fun way to show your pride while you're tuned in class or participating in workshops.
The backgrounds can be found here: https://www.foundation.uconn.edu/husky-zoom-backgrounds/
Course Specific Materials/Information
If your course is not specifically listed below, there are no additional course materials/information that you need