There are a number of ways to get to campus, whether traveling by car, bus, train, or airplane.
The UConn Pre-College Summer program provides a complimentary shuttle service between Bradley International Airport and the UConn Storrs Campus. This shuttle runs twice on check-in days (one pick up at 9:30am and another at 12:30pm). The shuttle runs once on check-out days at 8:30am. More information on this is provided below.
All other travel services to the University are at additional cost to participants. Participants are expected to make all travel arrangements to and from UConn’s Storrs, Connecticut campus. The following transportation resources are being provided as information only to assist in planning.
If using a GPS, the drop-off address is Garrigus Suites Residence Hall, located at 2374 Alumni Drive, Storrs CT 06269. For an interactive map visit UConn’s campus map. For additional directions to campus, please visit the UConn’s Undergraduate Admissions Directions and Parking page.
- Bradley (CT) International Airport (BDL) is the closest airport to the UConn Storrs Campus with a 45 minute drive.
- Worcester (MA) Regional Airport (ORH) is a 60 minute drive.
- Boston (MA) Logan International Airport (BOS) is a 90 minute drive.
We are able to provide pick-up and drop-off services for our students flying into Bradley International. Please see below for pick-up and drop-off times to best plan your travel to UConn. These are our only shuttle options.
- On check-in days (Sundays), two shuttles will arrive at Bradley International to pick up students – one at 9:30am and one at 12:30pm
- On check-out days (Saturdays), one shuttle will take students from campus to Bradley International at 8:30am
- To take advantage of this shuttle service you must make us aware of your travel needs in your enrollment profile. There is a section dedicated to student travel in the enrollment form. Please use the spaces provided to give us as much information as possible.
Hartford Union Station is the closest train station to the UConn Storrs Campus. Amtrak Hartford’s Union Station (HFD) is serviced by Amtrak’s Northeast Regional and Vermonter routes. Union Station is a 30 to 35 minute drive from the Storrs Campus. We are unable to provide transportation to and from Hartford Union Station.
Cross Sound Ferry offers round-trip ferry transportation from New London to Orient Point on Long Island, NY.