Campus safety is a vital concern at the University of Connecticut. UConn Alert provides a number of ways in which the University may contact the community in the event of an emergency. The components of UConn Alert include text message, social media, email, voicemail, and this website. Code Blue phone kiosks and outdoor sirens are also located around our campuses for added safety.
In the event of an emergency, http://alert.uconn.edu/ will provide the latest information, including possible action. Regular updates will be posted as they become available.
In any emergency situation, reacting quickly and calmly, and following directions is of utmost importance.
Opt-in to the UConn Emergency Notification Alerts while on campus for a safe and enjoyable visit! You may do so by texting “UCONNALERT” to 888-777. To stop notifications once the program is over, simply text “STOP” to 888-777.
Emergency Phone Numbers
To report an emergency, please call 9-1-1 and
- Provide the address of the emergency and your location.
- Provide a thorough description of the incident to ensure that proper resources are dispatched.
- Do not hang up until you are told to do so.
Important Phone Numbers
- Non-emergency calls to UConn Police: (860) 486-4800
- Non-emergency calls to UConn Fire: (860) 486-4925
- Emergency closing information: (860) 486-3768
- Health Services 24-hour Advice Nurse: (860) 486-4700
- Residential Life’s Front Desk: (860) 486-9000
- Facilities Operations: (860) 486-3113
- Environmental Health and Safety: (860) 486-3613
- Office of Emergency Management: (860) 486-5174
EMERGENCY HAZARD GUIDE
Where will you go if you have to evacuate campus? Do you know at least two fire exits? Do you have a safe meeting place? Just attempting to answer these questions can be overwhelming. Our hazard guides remove guesswork and get you prepared for different types of emergencies. LEARN MORE